"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Thursday, May 27, 2010

One food I literally could live on

Throw me on a deserted island with a black smoke monster anytime you want but do not take away my Peanut Delight Natural Peanut Butter.

This stuff is unbelievable! When I first began eating natural peanut butter last year there was some pull and tug within the family. My wife, Kristi, wasn't thrilled at the prospect of paying the price for natural peanut butter when there were plenty of cheap PB's to choose from on the shelves. But one day at Aldi she struck gold for me...and I haven't looked back.

To my knowledge you can't buy this stuff anywhere else but Aldi. For about $1.70 you will be subjected to the most sensationally, delicious mashed-up peanuts that will ever hit your taste buds. Stirring not included.

And hindsight's 20/20, of course. There's not really that much difference between regular PB and natty PB other than some sugar and maybe a gram or two of protein. But now that I've had Peanut Delight's natural sweet nectar AND the price is right, there ain't no way I'm switching. My biggest fear is that some day it disappears off the shelf. God forbid.

Remember, just because natty PB is a Brad Carl-approved healthy food doesn't mean you can sit down and eat an entire jar in one sitting. Moderation, please. I eat about 3 tablespoons mixed with some whey protein powder, once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment