"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Update

On a personal note regarding my diet and training, I will be wrapping up a 3-month workout/nutrition phase this Friday. It looks like I will be reaching my goal weight. This time around I was able to make a larger portion of the weight loss be fat only. I believe this happened primarily because I did my cardiovascular exercise later in the day. In the past I had done cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or in the morning after weight training. Even with drinking a protein drink before the weight workout (and taking BCAA's before and after), the cardio was using muscle for energy, most likely because my body was trying to recover from the weight training at the same time. By moving my cardio to a different part of my day I have been allowing my body to focus on the task at hand. There's more to all of this, but that's the highlights in a nutshell.

On Memorial Day I will begin 6 weeks of German Volume Training (GVT). This workout has its good and bad points. For one, I will probably get to add more food to my diet. If done correctly, this routine can present spectacular results. On the downside, well...let me put it this way. An acquaintance of mine recently extended some encouragement (discouragement?) before I begin GVT:

"Good luck," he said, and added "By the way, this routine is the only one I ever puked after doing it. Twice!!"

Oh joy. I can't wait. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment