"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Treadmill peeves

It's not fair for me to say I have treadmill pet peeves. They're not really pet peeves. But they are annoyances that I wish I could point out to people. The first one is the person who takes the incline as steep as it will go, and then holds on to the railings the entire time they are walking or running. My understanding is it's darn near impossible to do this without holding on. If that's the case, why do they feel the need to make their walk or run that incredibly steep? Moving your arms is an integral part of running and walking. Get that heart a-pumpin'!

The other annoyance I have is people who read magazines or books while getting their cardiovascular workout. There's a double-edged sword with this one. Most workout aficionados would say, "if you're reading, you're not working", or something to that effect. Under most circumstances, I'd tend to agree. But if that's what it takes to get your buttocks into a gym to workout, sobeit.

So in honor of all the people who are looking for the magic pill to their cardiovascular workout, I present to ye a video of treadmill mishaps. Happy 4th of July! Please be safe...unlike these fools.

Treadmill Accidents Compilation

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I have gym pet peeves too, I HAAATE it when people use way too much weight doing dumbbell curls and swing their whole body. Funny post and video link

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right with you! I could rattle off peeves and annoyances from the gym forever. Glad you enjoyed the vid!

    ReplyDelete