"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Update

I've been tied up lately with some personal things but have also been working on another blog entry. As I was preparing that entry it occurred to me that it might make more sense to submit it to Associated Content for payment. As I've already mentioned here, to receive this payment I cannot post the piece anywhere else, including here on The Magic Pill. So here I am...with not much to say.

I will conclude my 6 weeks of German Volume Training (GVT) on Friday, July 9th and begin 1 week of deloading on Monday, July 12th. On Monday, July 19th, I will take what I've learned from GVT and apply it to my own routine that will last indefinitely. What did I learn from GVT?

*This program is tougher than it sounds. The most difficult part is the pace of the actual exercise; four seconds on the negative and 2 seconds on the actual push or pull. If you do this correctly, I'm sure you'll be fried and possibly sick by the end of your workouts. You'll probably also end up seeing maximum results. Unfortunately, I fell into a habit of going through many of the exercises too quickly. I still feel I've benefited from the program, but I'm disappointed in myself for not having the gumption to really stick it to myself. Such is life.

*The positive things I've learned from GVT are directly related to the negative things I just mentioned. In the future I plan to take my time with each rep, making sure to stress the muscles I want to work. I also plan to shorten the amount of rest between sets. This will allow me to work my body harder, burn fat, and cram more work into my session.

So while I must admit my performance over the last 5-6 weeks could have been better, I've still learned enough to make it worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment