"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Before and After pics

You might have noticed something new at the top of the page. Yep, that's me up there. Not big enough? Here, let me blow it up for you:


I contemplated using pictures with less clothing for both but decided against it for a variety of reasons...at least for now. Besides, look at that first photo. Do you really want to see that guy wearing nothing but boxers? Ugh. I did have fun putting those two pics together, though, so I might make more "B&A's" at some point. And my guess is eventually they will show more skin.

Looking at these pictures is a great way to remind myself where I started a decade and a half ago. The truth is, for as much as I've changed physically, I still see myself as the guy on the left most of the time when I look in the mirror. Now mentally, I admit I have changed tremendously. Confidence seems to come out more easily, and I now have the mental capacity to know I can do anything I put my mind to if I really want to sink my heart into it. I've become a goal-oriented person. When I decide I'm going to do something I'm going to go all out and do the best I can with whatever resources I can get my hands on. Losing weight, exercising, weight training, proper diet...these are all things that I can have total control of. For better or worse, it's who I am today.

Side note: My head was cut off in the original version of the "Before" pic.

2 comments:

  1. Great motivator. I too have before and after pics of the less clothed variety. Good for seeing progress, not so good for posting on a blog...lol

    ReplyDelete