"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weight loss secrets across the globe

I've been a bad, bad blogger lately. I slacked quite a bit last week as what was initially an entry almost every day suddenly turned into only a couple. I've got a list of excuses prepared, but I'm not sure it really matters. You fellow bloggers out there understand where I'm coming from. It can be difficult to find the motivation to write when you're not sure anyone's reading what you've got to say. I'm not complaining, really. This is just the way things are with blogging...and Facebook....and Twitter....or just life in general. I think we all go through it, periodically.

So now that I've got the self-pity out of the way, I do have something to share.

19 Weight Loss Secrets From Around The World

I'd like to comment on all 19 "secrets", but I'll just touch on a few:

*A world without "Super-Sizing"? Who-duh-thunk-it possible? Portion control is clearly a major contributor to obesity in the U.S.

*The average American family spends a whopping 37% of its food dollars at restaurants and fast food joints. Seriously? Wow. More on eating out in another entry this next week.

*Eat breakfast. Seriously. It wasn't until 1996 that I began doing this religiously. It has made all the difference in the world. There's no way I could keep from gorging myself later in the day if I didn't have breakfast.

*Naps. When you think you're hungry, you probably just need to lie down and take a nap. I like that. I wish I could do it at work.

*Lengthen your meals. Take your time. Eat slow. Hey, I think I've said that on here before!

*Exercise, exercise exercise. It's mentioned no less than four times here. There must be a reason they're so adamant about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment