"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Some quick notes

Back to work today after what was actually a four day holiday weekend for me. Good times. I'm looking forward to several more four day weekends this summer...and soon!

A special thanks to Andrea at http://losinthisdangfat.blogspot.com/. She has used a piece of my previous entry as her "Quote Of The Day". Andrea has had quite a ride of success. Her hard work and determination have helped her to lose a lot of weight, or as she would say, "losin' this dang fat". Nice work, Andrea - keep it up!

On a quick personal note, I began German Volume Training yesterday. I have to say it was the most intense weight training session I've had in quite awhile. I was pretty pooped out by the completion. It just goes to show how easy it can be to fall into the trap of going through the motions with your weekly workouts. There are many reasons why this happens to me, but I won't dive into them right now. No excuses. I just want to learn more and more about my body as I continue my personal quest to someday take my shirt off when I mow the lawn.

Although I am somewhat sore and achy in certain areas today, it's not near as bad as I expected. This makes me question whether or not I pushed myself hard enough. I guess I'll just have to try a little harder tomorrow morning, won't I?




No comments:

Post a Comment